General Terms and Conditions of Rental
To rent a car from Platinum Cars, the renter must:
• Be over 23* years of age to qualify for the groups A, B, C, C Diesel, C Automatic and have a valid
driving license issued at least one year ago. For all other car groups, the renter must be over 25 years old and have
a valid driving license issued at least 3 years ago.
• Have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to the E.U.) driving license. • Have a personal credit or debit card or one of the Platinum Cars Credit Cards.
* The renters aged between 21-22 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge by paying the amount of 24,80€ daily.
• When collecting the vehicle all renters need to have:
1. A valid driving license.
2. A personal credit or debit card or one of the Platinum Cars credit Cards. Third party credit cards are not accepted unless there is written validated authorisation.
3. If the renter does not hold a credit card, he can only rent a car from the following groups: A, B, C, C Diesel,
C Automatic provided he has taken the Collision Damage Waiver insurance (C.D.W.) and pre-paid the whole rental value
as well as the guarantee deposit of 471,20€.
* For groups D, D Diesel, D Automatic, D Automatic Diesel, E, E Diesel, E Automatic, E Automatic Diesel, J, J Diesel, J Diesel Automatic, 9 Seater, 9 Seater Automatic credit card is required. • The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be refilled prior to car return, otherwise a charge of fuel*
in addition to a refuelling fee of 12,40€ will apply.
• When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement in which he is obligated to read and sign. The
Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter
might request with their relevant charges.
• It is very important that the renter checks and reports any existing damage on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges
regarding damages caused by a previous renter. The renter has to sign at collection/delivery a condition form for any
damages to the vehicle.
* Depends on the valid average fuel cost.
All Platinum Cars vehicles are insured:
a) against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.220.000,00€ per victim
b) material damages to third parties (excluding the Platinum Cars vehicle) up to 1.220.000,00€
c) for fire of the Platinum Cars vehicle
d) glass and windscreen, side windows, rear windows (except mirrors and lights)
If the Platinum Cars vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter's culpability or negligence, the renter will be liable, up to the total car's commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
Full Damage Waiver (F.D.W.)
The renter may waive the above deductible amount reliability of 471,20€ or 682,00€ or 1.240,00€ by paying in addition the daily amount of 10,00€ for car groups A, B, C, C Diesel, C Automatic, 17,36€ for car groups D, D Diesel, D Automatic, D Automatic Diesel, E, E Diesel, E Automatic, E Automatic Diesel, J, J Diesel,J Diesel Automatic, 9 Seater, 9 Seater Automatic.
Note: None of the above insurances cover damages caused by infringement of the traffic law, as well as damages to tires, mirrors, lights, car parts underneath the vehicle and in the cabin.
Theft Protection (T.P.)
If the renter accepts (and signs) the relative contract terms, he disposes of the responsibility for the theft of the car by paying the additional daily charge of:
• 5,00€ for car groups A, B, C, C Diesel, C Automatic
• 9,92€ for car groups D, D Diesel, D Automatic, D Automatic Diesel, E, E Diesel, E Automatic, E Automatic Diesel, J, J Diesel,J Diesel Automatic, 9 Seater, 9 Seater Automatic
Note:TheftProtection(T.P.) is not valid in case of driver's negligence
Collection / Delivery
• Free of charge to all Platinum Cars stations in town or airport of the same town or the same island
Minimum rental one day.
After the 25th rental hour, an additional day will be charged.
Incident Administration Fee
In case of an accident due to the renter's liability, renter has the obligation to pay a non refundable fee of 18,60€ in order to cover administration expenses.
Administration Fee for fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s) and Platinum Cars intervenes to the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 24,80€ additional to the fine's cost.
Removal of License Plates
In case of removal of license plates, the renter will be charged for the rental until the receipt of the license plates from the competent service.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for following charges:
• 99,20€-248,00€ for car groups A, B, C, C Diesel, C Automatic
• 124,00€-310,00€ for car groups D, D Diesel, D Automatic, D Automatic Diesel, E, E Diesel, E Automatic, E Automatic Diesel, J,
J Diesel, J Diesel Automatic
• 248,00€-434,00€ for car groups 9 Seater, 9 Seater Automatic.
In case of a cancellation of a reservation made through internet, during the period of 15 days before the rental starting date, Platinum Cars has the right to charge a fee of 10,00€ per reservation. (Cancellation fee will apply to reservations with pick up dates less than 15 days too.) Cancellations have to be sent in writing to: Lefkada 18, Lefkada 31100 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone conversation, Platinum Cars will cancel the reservation after 3 hours. Platinum Cars reserve the right to charge the renter a one day rental of the car group reserved.
In case the renter returns the vehicle and its cabin has stains and requires a biological cleaning procedure (ie animal hair, sand etc on car seats or car floor or port baggage etc.), he will have to pay the amount of 99,20€. In case of any other damage incurred by the renter (e.g. burns etc) there will be relevant charges according to the type of damage.
Ferrying the car
In the case of ferrying the car between Greek islands, all insurances are not valid and the renter has to return the car to the pick up branch, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to the mainland (Platinum Cars branch) is the renter’s responsibility and for all expenses.
Across the border rental
An advanced written authorisation from Platinum Cars Greece is required as well as a valid personal credit card for guarantee. The cost for issuing the Green card and International Road Assistance will be paid by the renter.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he will have to contact, in written, the Platinum Cars branch from which he picked up the car in order to extend his Rental Agreement and sign a new Rental Agreement.
Platinum Cars in Greece accepts the following credit cards: Visa, American Express, Diners Club and Mastercard. In case renter chooses the payment method of credit card for reservations through internet and only, Platinum Cars accepts all credits, debits and prepaid cards of Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Electron, American Express. In case renter chooses the payment method of cash and for car groups larger than A, B, C, D, Platinum Cars has the right to request throught the Reservation Department the rental prepayment either with a credit card or bank transfer, before car delivery.
Above mentioned rates include V.A.T.
All traffic fines resulting from violation of the Greek traffic law are for renter's account.
Rates & Conditions may change without notice.
The Athens Courts of Law are responsible for resolving any problems or doubts of service that might occur.